Senior clinical teacher
uTCGP,Centre for Undergraduate Medicine
Medical Education Institute
Kirsty Semple Way
+(44) 01382 383767
Sharon is a General Practitioner and partner at the Nethergate Medical Centre in Dundee. She has been involved in medical education since 1996 when she started a Higher Professional Training Fellowship in General Practice.
She is assessment lead for the department of General Practice and Primary Care and is currently leading a review of the use of Portfolio in teaching and assessment for the Medical School.
Her main interests are assessment of professionalism and assessment of consultation and communication skills.
She is also involved in postgraduate education as a Foundation educational supervisor and secretary of the Dundee and Angus Young Principals group.
- Assessment lead for the department with responsibility for developing both formative and summative assessments.
- Tutor staff development role, delivering workshops on various aspects of assessment, calibration and poorly performing students.
- Portfolio lead for the medical school.
- Clinical consultation skills and Transition block teaching
- BMSC Teaching in Medicine sessions on assessment
Coull, S and Muir, F. 2010. Assessment of Professionalism in the Context of Small Group Teaching. Ottawa Conference on the Assessment of Competence in Medicine and the Healthcare Professions, presentation, Miami , 2010.