Clinical Academic/Academic Fellow
Kirsty Semple Way
Ninewells Hospital & Medical School
+(44) 01382 383792
Hernandez Santiago V (PI), Marwick CA, Davey PG, Guthrie B. A multilevel analysis of the impact of changes in antimicrobial prescribing on antimicrobial resistance. Chief Scientist Office, Clinical Academic Training Fellowship for Dr Hernandez Santiago. April 2013 to March 2017. £232,847
Virginia Hernandez Santiago, Charis Marwick, Bruce Guthrie, Peter Davey, Erwin Brown. Interventions for improving antimicrobial prescribing in the community: a systematic review. PROSPERO 2014:CRD42014010160 Available from http://www.crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/display_record.asp?ID=CRD42014010160.
V. Hernandez Santiago (PI), B Guthrie, P G Davey, P Donnan, G Orange, H Steele. Quinolone exposure and its relation to quinolone resistance in Primary Care. Royal College of General Practitioners Scientific Foundation Board. March 2012 to September 2014. £10,942.
Tayside Insightful Practice Project (TIPP) – Development of Undergraduate Medical Education, measuring professionalism. Quality, Safety and Informatics group, Division of Clinical and Population Sciences & Education. University of Dundee, United Kingdom. Research assistant from April 2011-July 2012.
- Douglas Murphy, Patricia Aitchison , Virginia Hernandez Santiago , Peter Davey , Gary Mires and Dilip Nathwani. Insightful Practice: a robust measure of medical students’ professional response to feedback on their performance. BMC Medical Education (2015) 15:125 DOI 10.1186/s12909-015-0406-2
- Virginia Hernandez-Santiago, Charis A Marwick, Andrea Patton,Peter G Davey, Peter T Donnan, Bruce Guthrie. Time series analysis of the impact of an intervention in Tayside, Scotland to reduce primary care broad-spectrum antimicrobial use. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 05/2015; DOI:10.1093/jac/dkv095
- Daniel R Morales, Bruce Guthrie, Brian J Lipworth, Cathy Jackson, Peter T Donnan, Virginia H Santiago. NSAID exacerbated respiratory disease: a meta-analysis evaluating prevalence, mean provocative dose of aspirin and increased asthma morbidity. Allergy 04/2015; 70(7). DOI:10.1111/all.12629
- Bruce Guthrie, Boikanyo Makubate, Virginia Hernandez-Santiago and Tobias Dreischulte. The rising tide of polypharmacy and drug-drug interactions: population database analysis 1995-2010. BMC Medicine 04/2015, 13:74 doi:10.1186/s12916-015-0322-7.
- Morales DR, Lipworth BL, Guthrie B, Jackson C, Donnan PT, Santiago VH. Safety risks for AERD patients following acute exposure to selective NSAIDs and COX-2 inhibitors: meta-analysis of controlled clinical trials. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2013; in press
- Bruce Guthrie, Mary Duffy, Virginia Hernandez Santiago, Gillian Orange, Peter Davey. Trimethoprim prescription and subsequent resistance in childhood urinary infection: multilevel modelling analysis. BJGP 2013, 63(209): pp. e238-e243(6).
- Charis Marwick, Virginia Hernandez Santiago, Colin McCowan, Janice Broomhall, Peter Davey. Community acquired infections in older patients admitted to hospital from care homes versus the community: cohort study of microbiology and outcomes. BMC Geriatrics 2013, 13:12 (6 February 2013).
- Virginia Hernandez Santiago. Ser medico de familia en Escocia (Scottish General Practice). AMF 2013;9(7):412-414. Article in Spanish
- Saldaña I, Hernandez V, Cubero P. Enfermedad de Chagas: abordaje de una afección emergente en nuestro medio (Chagas’ Disease: management of an emerging disease in our country). FMC. 2009;16(2):68-76. Article in Spanish
- Hernández V, Saldaña I. A propósito de un caso: enfermedad de Chagas, un nuevo reto para Atención Primaria (Case report: Chagas’ Disease, a new threat for General Practice). AMF 2009;5(4):218-226. Article in Spanish.
She has been previously involved in OSCE exams and portfolio reviews for Dundee medical students.
- NADEGS Annual conference. Stirling, UK, January 2015.
- North American Primary Care Research Group (NAPCRG) National Conference. New York, November 2014.
- IV Iberoamerican Confederation of Family Medicine Subregional Conference – CIMF WONCA. Granada, Spain, June 2013.
- WONCA Europe Conference, Wien (Austria) 5th -7th July 2012
- International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare. Paris, April 2012.