Kirsty Semple Way
Dundee. DD2 4PF
+(44) 01382 420113
I am a GP and an Academic Fellow in the Quality, Safety and Informatics Research Group within the University of Dundee Medical School.
My main research interests are in antimicrobial prescribing in Primary Care, with a special focus on antimicrobial misuse and its implications for resistance and adverse health outcomes (healthcare associated infections), and methods for improving the quality of antimicrobial prescribing and management of infectious diseases in the community.
I also have an interest in medical education, looking at feedback within the undergraduate medical context and professionalism in healthcare.
I also have an international role within the RCGP Junior International Committee (Exchange group, Scotland co-ordinator).
Quinolone exposure and its relation to Quinolone resistance in Primary Care. Quality, Safety and Informatics group, Division of Clinical and Population Sciences & Education. University of Dundee, United Kingdom. In progress.
Tayside Insightful Practice Project (TIPP) – Development of Undergraduate Medical Education, measuring professionalism. Quality, Safety and Informatics group, Division of Clinical and Population Sciences & Education. University of Dundee, United Kingdom. In progress.
V. Hernandez Santiago, B Guthrie, P G Davey, P Donnan, G Orange, H Steele. Quinolone exposure and its relation to quinolone resistance in Primary Care. Royal College of General Practitioners Scientific Foundation Board. £10,942.
- Saldaña I, Hernandez V, Cubero P. Enfermedad de Chagas: abordaje de una afección emergente en nuestro medio (Chagas’ Disease: management of an emerging disease in our country). FMC. 2009;16(2):68-76. Article in Spanish
- Hernández V, Saldaña I. A propósito de un caso: enfermedad de Chagas, un nuevo reto para Atención Primaria (Case report: Chagas’ Disease, a new threat for General Practice). AMF 2009;5(4):218-226. Article in Spanish.
I am involved in OSCE exams and portfolio reviews for Dundee medical students.
- Broadening Horizons: Hippokrates, the international exchange programme for General Practice. Pettigrew L , Kallestrup P, Laranjo L, Moszumaoska M,Gomez Bravo R, Banque Vidiella J, Attridge M, Hernandez Santiago V. WONCA European Conference, Warsaw, Poland, Sept 2011
- Data comparability: the comparison of data provenances. McGilchrist M., Verheij R., Sathanandam S., Hernandez-Santiago V., Khan N., Wilson N., Visscher S., Sullivan F. SHIP International Conference, St Andrews, Fife, UK.
- Tayside Insightful Practice Portfolio: Development of Undergraduate Medical Education, a measure of professionalism. Scottish School of Primary Care (SSPC) Annual Conference. 19th and 20th April 2011, Edinburgh, UK.
- Tayside Insightful Practice Portfolio: Development of Undergraduate Medical Education, a measure of professionalism. “Reducing Harm, Improving Care” Conference, 31st March 2011, Aberdeen, UK.
- WONCA Europe Conference. Malaga, from 6th to 10th October 2010. Workshop: International exchanges in General Practice: How? Who? When? Where? & Why? Pettigrew L (RCGP, UK), Attridge M (RCGP, UK), Slooter F (WES, Netherlands), Hernandez Santiago V (semFYC, Spain).
- Primary Care National Conference. Valencia, from 16th to 18th June 2010. Oral Communication: “Exploring the value and importance of international involvement of Junior General Practitioners”. Del Olmo S, Hdez Santiago V.
- WONCA World Conference, Cancun, May 2010. Poster presented: “An European story: Insight into a selection of GP Training Programmes across Europe”.
- Wonca Europe Conference 7th – 10th October 2007, Paris, France. Poster presented: “Influence of Rubella vaccination campaign in immigrant pregnant women serologies”.