IMAR Technical Manager
Institute of Motion Analysis and Research,
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery,
Ninewells Hospital and Medical School,
Graham Arnold has over 35 years’ experience as a professional electronic design engineer developing equipment and instrumentation for a variety of industries including Naval, Automotive, Meteorological, Military, Oil and Medical. He has recently completed a PhD, designing a novel foot platform to record three-dimensional forces acting on the foot to ultimately provide a better understanding of diabetic foot ulcer development. He has been employed by the University for the last 12 years, supervising and supporting students and staff in conducting research projects using the extensive range of instrumentation within the Institute of Motion Analysis and Research.
- The effect of varying footwear configurations on peroneus longus muscle function following inversion. Foot (2011), 21 (1), pp. 31-36. AK Ramanathan, DT Wallace, GP Arnold, TS Drew, W Wang, RJ Abboud.
- Permanent Deformation of Posterior Leaf-Spring Ankle-Foot Orthoses: A Comparison of Different Materials. Journal of Prosthetics & Orthotics (2011), 23 (3), pp. 144-148. E Kerr, K Moyes, GP Arnold, TS Drew.
- Objective assessment of the alterations in wrist mobility with the fastrak(®) system following dorsal capsulodesis. Hand surgery: an international journal devoted to hand and upper limb surgery and related research: journal of the Asia-Pacific Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand (2010) 15 (3), pp. 237-241. AC Jariwala, I Scott, GP Arnold, RJ Abboud, CA Wigderowitz.
- Differences in foot pressures between Caucasians and Indians. Foot and Ankle Surgery (2010) 16 (4), pp. 195-198. AB Putti, GP Arnold, RJ Abboud.
- A Method to Calculate the Centre of the Ankle Joint: A Comparison with the Vicon Plug-in-Gait Model. Clinical Biomechanics (2010), 25: 582 - 587. SP Nair, S Gibbs, GP Arnold, RJ Abboud, W Wang.
- The influence of shoe sole's varying thickness on lower limb muscle activity. Foot and Ankle Surgery (2010). Article in Press. AK Ramanathan, EJ Parish, GP Arnold, TS Drew, W Wang, RJ Abboud.
- Repeatability of the Pedar-X® in-shoe pressure measuring system. Foot and Ankle Surgery (2010) 16 (2), pp. 70-73. AK Ramanathan, P Kiran, GP Arnold, W Wang, RJ Abboud.
- Harmful cleats of football boots: A biomechanical evaluation. Foot and Ankle Surgery (2010) Article in Press. JA Bentley, AK Ramanathan, GP Arnold, W Wang, RJ Abboud.
- Foot pressure differences in men and women. Foot and Ankle Surgery (2010) 16 (1), pp. 21-24. AB Putti, GP Arnold, RJ Abboud.
- Development of force measurement system for clinical use in minimal access surgery. Surgical Endoscopy (2008) 22 (2), pp. 467-471. GB Hanna, TS Drew, GP Arnold, M Fakhry, A Cuschieri.