Honorary Senior Clinical Teacher
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery,
Tayside Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Technology (TORT) Centre,
Ninewells Hospital and Medical School,
University of Dundee
+(44) 01382 383551
Mr Jariwala did his masters degree in India before coming over to UK to successfully completed the Master of Orthopaedic Surgery (MCh Orth) course in Dundee where he was awarded the prestigious ‘Ian Smillie Award’ for best overall performance. He completed his Basic Surgical Rotation in Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Buckinghamshire and was subsequently appointed Clinical Lecturer and Speciality Registrar in Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery in Dundee in 2006. Since then Mr Jariwala has been extensively involved in research, teaching and supervision of both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Upper limb and hands
- Patient education and information
- Isolation of 5-Hydroxytyptamine from the venom of the Indian Red Scorpion (Mesobuthus Tamulus). Tiwari AK, Mandal MB, Kanoo S, Alex AB, Jariwala AC, Deshpande SB. The Open Toxicology Journal, 2008: 1: 5-8.
- Locked Posterior Dislocation of the Shoulder: a novel method of surgical stabilisation. Jariwala AC, Haines S, McLeod G. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (EJOST), 2008; 18: 377-379.
- Adapting the Fastrak©system for three-dimensional measurement of the wrist motion for clinical use. Wigderowitz CA, Scott I, Jariwala AC, Arnold GP, Abboud RJ. The Journal of Hand Surgery, European Volume, 2007, Dec: 32(6):700-4.
- A retrospective review of the care pathway of patients undergoing lumbar discectomy: factors leading to a delay. Kotnis R, Jariwala AC, Henderson NA. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery - British Volume, 2006, 88-B, SUPP_II, 220.
- Prescribing a website. Jariwala AC, Paterson CR, Cochrane L, Abboud RJ, Wigderowitz CA. Scottish Medical Journal, 2005, Nov: 50(4):169-71.
- The importance of clinical suspicion in the management of head injuries: report of unusual case of intra cranial bleed. Kotnis S, Jariwala AC, Kotnis R, Henderson NA. Emergency Medical Journal, March 2005.
- Patients and the Internet: a demographic study of a cohort of orthopaedic out-patients. Jariwala AC, Kandaswamy MS, Abboud RJ, Wigderowitz CA. The Surgeon, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Ireland, Issue 2 April, 2004, 103-106.
- Assessment of fracture healing by ultrasonography: an experimental study. Saraf SK, Jariwala AC, Elhence A, Sharma OP. Orthopaedic Update, Vol.1 No 1, April 2001, 24-31.