Welcome to the Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery at the University of Dundee. The TORT Centre is a modern, purpose-built unit, which incorporates the University Department of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, the Institute of Motion Analysis & Research (IMAR) and the Tayside Rehabilitation & Engineering Services where there is a unique blend of surgeons, bioengineers and allied healthcare professionals, providing trauma surgery and specialised clinics on the premises. The department has a tradition of teaching and research in the field of mechanisms of disease, treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system, biomechanics, biomedical engineering and rehabilitation engineering.
We offer the following postgraduate taught courses:
- Master of Orthopaedic Surgery (MCh Orth) (Accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England)
- MSc in Motion Analysis
- Diploma/Master in Orthopaedic & Rehabilitation Technology
- Diploma/Master in Orthopaedic Science (Accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England)
- Postgraduate certificate in Clinical Audit & Research for Healthcare Professionals
- MSc in Sports and Biomechanical Medicine