The Centre for Medical Education offers three online distance learning courses in Medical Education: Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and Masters. Students on these courses are supported by an online distance induction programme. This promotes familiarity with the tools, processes and facilities available to students during their academic journey with us.
Why go online?
- In response to feedback from past and present course participants we have developed new postgraduate programmes in Medical Education. We have moved to an e-learning environment using the latest developments in ICT and incorporating a range of exciting interactive teaching and assessment techniques. These enable peer interaction and include podcasts, blogs, discussion boards, webinars, video clips, formative feedback and much more!
Modern technology has allowed distance learning to become more “social” and our online courses embrace this dimension.
Course participants, tutors and administrators have greater contact with each other, enhancing the learning experience. The course has a nurturing learning climate − one which caters for a variety of learning needs and styles.
Our online courses are geared for the 21st Century learner, with the material based on best evidence education. Graduates are equipped with a strong pedagogical foundation and understanding of key trends and innovations in Medical Education. Assessments are authentic and contextualised to suit participants’ workplace setting.
The Centre for Medical Education has over 30 years’ experience of delivering courses for health care professionals. We pride ourselves in the quality of the material we produce and realise that now is the time to offer a wider, speedier, more interactive approach to learning. Our tutors, administrators and technical staff have a wealth of experience, reflected in the presentation and content of the courses.
Who should enrol?
- Healthcare professionals who wish to gain a prestigious University qualification in Medical Education mapped to the frameworks of the Higher Education Academy and Academy of Medical Educators.
- All our participants receive a good balance between theory and practice that allows them to perform effectively in their fields.
- Face-to-face and online distance learners have access to an extensive seminar programme run by the College of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing.
- We arrange visits for our face-to-face students to Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, one of the largest teaching hospitals in Europe. Students are also able to attend seminars at the College of Life Sciences, a world-leading research centre.
- Our courses are aimed at those new to teaching and training and those who wish to gain further skills and knowledge in the area of medical education.
- Graduates of the University of Dundee Medical Education programmes are world leaders in medical education.
- Start when you wish (continuous enrolment) and work at your own pace within overall course time limits
- Modules covering relevant themes within Medical Education
- Online delivery and marking, incorporating the latest learning tools
- Regular feedback as well as peer and tutor interaction
- Formative assessment
- Select optional modules to suit your own learning needs
- Innovative learning experiences
- Blended learning: opportunity for face-to-face teaching if desired
- Tailored modules in certain specialties, e.g. general practice