Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Assistant (qualitative/health services research)
Location: University of Dundee Medical School, Population Health Sciences Division, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BH
Reporting to: Professor Bruce Guthrie
Contract: Either one year at 75% FTE or nine months at 100% FTE
Salary: Grade 7 (£31,604 - £36,613 pro rata) or Grade 7 (£31,604 - £36,613)
Individuals in the final stages of completing their PhD may be appointed initially on the Training Grade 7 salary scale (Spinal Point 25-28 £28,098 - £30,688), pro rated if 0.75FTE
Your role will be to lead on the qualitative elements of the study, using both data from individual interviews with professionals already collected as part of our existing work, new data from individual interviews with professionals, and data from focus group interviews with patients who have had a polypharmacy review. The aim of this element of the study is to understand professional and patient perspectives on the interventions implemented in both health boards, and on potential intervention elements in IMPPP. The findings will be integrated with quantitative evaluation of impact. If you are willing and able, we expect you to lead on writing relevant papers arising from the study.
· To organise and carry out high-quality research involving qualitative analysis of interview and focus group data with professionals and patients.
· Co-ordinate the Scottish research team, including liaison with senior researchers and with the statistician working on the quantitative element of the project.
· Co-ordinate with the NHS collaborators to ensure delivery, including clinicians and managers in both general practices and Health Boards.
· Lead the work to initially specify the intervention components that will be piloted in England and co-ordinate their translation to the English context.
· You will be supported in this work by the rest of the research team, but you will be required to use initiative and creativity to solve problems and identify areas of analysis to focus on.
Summary of Skills, Experience and Qualifications