Job Title: Laboratory Technician (1.0 FTE)
The post holder will be based within the Pat Macpherson Centre for Pharmacogenetics & Pharmacogenomics, Division of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine, Ninewells Hospital & Medical School Campus, University of Dundee, DD1 9SY.
The successful applicant will join a busy group of researchers investigating genetic variation in determining disease susceptibility and drug response. Experience in DNA extraction, DNA sequencing, genotyping, PCR, DNA cloning and working to clinical diagnostic laboratory standards will be a distinct advantage. The post will provide an excellent opportunity to work in a research/clinical environment using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques.
· Provide technical support to the Centre for Pharmacogenetics & Pharmacogenomics Population Pharmacogenetics Group.
· Assist with laboratory-based research to a high standard, work independently but also contribute to the work of the Group.
· Work under the supervision of Professor Colin Palmer but assume responsibility for aspects of the project.
· Contribute to group meetings, providing information and data to members of the Group.
· Co-ordinate and communicate with collaborators and other teams involved in the research.
· Implement Health &Safety regulations. Fulfil roles of Health and Safety and Biological Safety co-ordinator to the Group in the School of Medicine.
· Train students, newly appointed staff and visiting academics in standard techniques and use of equipment and monitoring their progress.
For full details please see job description.